Melanie continues the tradition established by her great grandmother, Maude, who owned a jewellery store in Murwillumbah in the 1930s and 1940s. Her grandfather, Norman, who established the store in Scone, trained as a watchmaker with his brother Basil and worked in Maryborough, Qld, before moving to Scone in 1955 to work for Sky Bernard & Co. In 1959 Norman and his wife, Frances, bought that business and continued to trade until their retirement in 1995.
Son Stephen then operated the business until Melanie, who was looking for a change in direction, opened the store in November 2007. It was important to Melanie to keep the Matthews name in the business name. In 2015 the business expanded to Muswellbrook.
Melanie’s Matthews Family Jewellers is a member of the Showcase Jewellers buying group which gives Melanie access and purchasing power that would normally not be available to an independent jeweller.
By shopping with Melanie’s Matthews Family Jewellers you are supporting a local family business which employs local staff and is a great supporter of local organisations.
- Watch batteries
- Watch repairs
- Pearl re-threading
- Jewellery repairs and restoration
- Jewellery re-modelling
- Custom design and handmaking of rings and jewellery
- Jewellery cleaning
- Seven Year Diamond Guarantee free with diamond purchases
- Wedding rings can be engraved free of charge at time of purchase with your special message
- Confidential Personalised Service
- Minor jewellery repairs are carried out on the premises
- Access to diamond merchants and designers
- Access to the latest fashion brands
- AfterPay, Apple Pay, Zip, Humm, Latitude finance options available
- Interest free finance
- Gift Vouchers
- Personalised jewellery